UK Jobs Board
Job Title: Buyer
Reporting to: Head Of Technical Sales
Location: Aston, Birmingham
We require a Buyer to join a growing commercial team. The role is a full time role and focuses on purchasing and supplier relationships. The role is a key point of contact with our suppliers and assumes complete responsibility for making sure that all production materials are available whilst reporting back any non/late components to production/management.
* Purchasing to contracts – Working with all departments in the business to ensure all materials are available when required and in the correct quantities.
* Setting up Kanban systems for repeat requirements
* Liaising and negotiating with all suppliers – Including supplier meetings/visits
* Producing KPI (Key Performance Indicator) information for purchasing activities
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks and assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Commercial/Sales Department as necessitated by your changing role and the overall business objectives
* Must have previous experience working in a purchasing role or similar.
* Must be able to read an engineering drawing.
* Must have Good Analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Must have good Communication skills.
* Must be Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office.
* Good housekeeping
* Experience with Radan E2i (Advantageous)
* Knowledge of sheet metal materials and the manufacturing processes associated such as laser cutting, press braking and welding. (Advantageous)
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.